Tuesday, December 09, 2008

STUFF



My stepmother gave me LOTS of beautiful lace that was HANDMADE by her grandmother and great grandmother just sitting in a box in the basement. Ya'll I honestly CRIED when I saw how beautiful and intricate the design and detail was in each piece. So, I took that box of what I call "art" and each year I do something special for my stepmother. A lot of it I framed (which she loves and has hanging in her house) for Mother's Day and her birthday, but this piece I removed the linen center -which time had taken it's toll on-and added a colorful Christmas fabric. BTW...the picture was taken on her great grandmothers oak kitchen table which she gave to me several years ago.

I had to "test" it out to make sure it would hang right---this is on my nightstand----This was a hard one to let go of---not really, but I did think it was one of my finer gifts to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment